The truth is that we know instinctively that God exists because the evidence is all around us. Many allow themselves to be willingly deceived, perhaps because they think they will not be accountable to God. They are wrong. Whether we believe or not, we will ultimately be accountable to God.
Romans 1: 19-20 (NLT) –They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
What’s at Stake?
- If God exists, then we can find purpose that otherwise eludes us. If God exists, then we can find answers to questions that appear unanswerable in a godless universe.
- Believers clearly don’t have all the answers. Like in scientific discovery, the discoverer did not create anything, he simply uncovered what already existed in terms of matter, energy and laws of physics. The rest of the story belongs to God.
- Ignoring or replacing God with a godless theory can deprive you of not only the truth, but of God’s promise of eternal life.
Reasons to Believe God Exists
- Matter, energy and physical laws like magnetic fields and gravity exist. Since they exist we know there must be a cause. That cause is God!
- A big bang would create chaos and commonality. Yet, God’s universe is filled with billions of galaxies and stars, each discovered to date being unique.
- God’s universe is finely tuned well beyond any mathematical probability. Earth is similarly finely tuned to support life.
- The complexity we observe in God’s universe and in life on earth is evidence of God’s design. For example, our bodies are composed of interdependent irreducibly complex organs and systems that cannot be created slowly over time. Unless everything was present right from the beginning, we simply would not exist.
- All living things are made from non-living molecules. Life has never been observed to be created from non-life. This points clearly to God.
- The vast complex information system of DNA and RNA points to God. This complex interdependent DNA, RNA and protein model can only exist if God exists. This is because the protein that made DNA can only be made from the coded instructions on the DNA itself.
- Reproduction is one of the best indicators of God’s existence. Most species require both male and female to procreate. There is no other better explanation for the reproductive process than a creator God.
- A caterpillar transforms into a beautiful butterfly in a matter of days. This is only one example of God’s ultimate supremacy. Nothing in evolution theory can account for this.
- Never in recorded history has something been created from nothing. God is the unparalleled explanation.
- We live in a finely tuned universe filled with beauty, colors, textures, designs and sounds. God has equipped us to enjoy it all. We have emotions, we can love and be loved. We are truly blessed and loved by our Creator.
God does indeed exist. God created you and cloaked in the glory of His creation, to have a personal relationship with Him. Yet, He understands that the love He freely offers must be accepted by free choice. That choice ultimately rests in your hands.